Monday, May 03, 2010

Holy Hairiness, Batman!

Can we just discuss Shawn?

Because I need to. I've been meaning to for days, and I can wait no longer.

Shawn is the yoga instructor at this new studio Susie and I tried last week.

Ya'll - not only did he answer the door of the studio in nothing more than his bathing suit, but that is also all he wore while he was teaching. Granted, it was hot. A steamy 98.6 degrees to be exact. And I might not have been so adverse to his wearing his bathing suit if he had a body I cared to stare at for ninety minutes. Not that he had a bad body, mind you. It was just covered in hair. Thick, curly, brown hair everywhere. He was like a human chia pet. And the bathing suit wasn't the kind that moved with him, if you know what I mean. There were at least six times I was pretty sure I was about to see more of Shawn than I (ever) wanted to. And two more where I thought the bathing suit might rip apart at the seams. Luckily, Shawn's suit was made of the same material as Superman's speedo, so no one had to make "little Shawn's" acquaintance.

After the class was over, Shawn passed out awards to other attendees. Susie and I didn't win anything. Instead, Shawn suggested that we come back to another beginner class before moving on. He gave us a schedule, circled upcoming classes that he would be teaching, gave us his personal cell phone number, a packet of electrolytes and sent us on our way.

Now, it is important to mention that Susie and I have both been to yoga classes before. That is not to say that Susie and I are yoga experts, by any means. We just aren't beginners. We attended the beginner class at the new studio mainly to orient ourselves and familiarize ourselves with their lingo and ways of doing things. So, it was a little disconcerting that Shawn didn't feel that Susie and I were up to the challenge of advancing. We were game, though, and told Shawn we'd be back.

That was last Wednesday.

When Shawn didn't see us on Thursday (a mere 24 hours later), he called us both to check on us, see how we were feeling, and remind us of his class schedule. Oh, and he gave me his cell phone number - twice - just incase I had misplaced it.

Sorta creepy there Shawn. Sorta creepy.

Susie and I decided to use Shawn's schedule against him, and intentionally choose an earth class that took place at the same time Shawn was teaching fire. And, despite Shawn's concern that we weren't ready, I think Susie and I both did fine. Our instructor definitely didn't say anything to suggest we needed to take a step back.

Our luck did run out, however, when it came time to leave. Apparently, Shawn's fire class ended early, so he was sitting at the front desk. He kind of gave us "the eye" as we filed past, and reminded us both that he wanted to see us both in another beginner class soon.

I was just glad I recognized him with a shirt on.

So far, there haven't been any more messages from Shawn, but it has only been 48 hours. Anything is still possible.

1 comment:

JLR said...

oh, high creep factor there. Gag. You should have told him that you weren't your best in the class that day because you were distracted by your nausea and fear.

Good luck avoiding The Shawn.