Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, GYPSY KITTY WOO!!!

Today is the day that we celebrate Gypsy's birthday. Of course, we have no idea when her real "whelping date" is, but this is her unofficial (re)birthday (a.k.a. the anniversary of her adoption).

Because Gypsy is kind of a local celebrity, many people called and sent her Happy Birthday wishes. My favorite one is from RR, and is posted below:
From: RR
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:03 AM
To: Deals
Subject: Happy Birthday wishes


Good morning, Deals! Will you wish Gypsy Kitty a happy birthday from me and JLR? Or does she have her own cell phone yet? If so, I can call her directly.

RR
________________________________________
From: Deals
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:20 PM
To: RR
Subject: RE: Happy Birthday wishes


Hello! Gypsy does not have her own cell phone (yet), but you can always call my house phone. She will be able to hear the message as you leave it on the recorder. She is spending the day in the hallway with extra Gypsy-friendly treats and chewies. Tonight she will be ringing in her 7th year with an antihistamine and some doggie ice cream (the ice cream isn’t Gypsy-friendly, but we make exceptions on special occasions).

She’ll be thrilled that you remembered!

-Deals
________________________________________
From: RR
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:43 PM
To: Deals
Subject: RE: Happy Birthday wishes


I don’t think your home phone number transferred to my new(ish) cell phone. Would you mind emailing it to me? And while you’re doing that, could you send me your new mailing address, too? I can’t find where I wrote it down before.

Yea, what a nice day for Gypsy! You’re so good to her. She’s blessed to have you (and I know you feel the same about her).

R
________________________________________
From: Deals
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:20 PM
To: RR
Subject: RE: Happy Birthday wishes


Hahaha! Are you really going to call? Awesome.

XXXX Blah Blah Drive
Dallas, Texas 752XX

H: (214) XXX-XXXX

Gypsy waited by the phone for hours, but - sadly - the twins never called. I gave her an extra doggie ice cream to help mask the pain.

(JUST KIDDING, RR! Gypsy had a great evening. She got her Pup Ice, and we all sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Then, she got to snuggle with me on the couch while Trevor and I watched TV. It was a great day to be a dog!)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Aww! Happy birthday Gypsy Kitty!

RR said...

Dude, I *wanted* to call. But we left the office at 1:15 for a meeting in practically another state and didn't get back to the office until 7:00. Then I drove the mayor back to his house. Got home shortly before 8:00. In other words, your email with the phone number arrived after I'd left for my meeting. I even tried to set up my cell phone to be able to check my work email so I could call while on the road, but alas, my phone is not that high-tech (or I don't know how to operate it).

But I called today! And that was *before* I saw your blog post, so it wasn't out of guilt. Former Girl Scout's honor. Poor Gypsy.

Deals On Wheels said...

She got it, and would totally lick you if she could (imagine her air licking you right now). It made her day! Now if she could only get you to come to Dallas to visit her...