Thursday, July 22, 2010

I blame Trevor...

...for my lack of posting lately. Especially posts with more than five complete sentences. He is taking two classes this summer, and is frequently in need of both his desktop and MY LAPTOP.

For example:

Earlier this week, I was paying bills on his desktop while he was working on a project on my laptop in the dining room. I stole a glance at him from the office before quickly logging into my email. As if he could sense that my only real work on his desktop was done, Trevor came over and told me that he needed his desktop. So, I logged out, and went into the dining room to snag my laptop. I managed to get my laptop all the way back in our bedroom before I heard Trevor exclaim, "Hey! I wasn't done with that!"

Long story short: I now think of computer time as a precious commodity.

Granted, with Trevor's new insane work schedule, you would think that I would have increased access to his desktop. Not really the case. Trevor leaves his projects up and running on his computer at all times, and I have been living in fear of accidentally deleting something. On Monday, I snuck on his computer briefly before dinner (my laptop is apparently traveling with Trevor nowadays) to download a couple of songs on iTunes, and nearly had a heart attack when several of the Trevor-school-related programs that were running decided to suddenly close without saving. I was undecided about whether or not to tell Trevor when I met him and my aunt for dinner a few minutes later. Finally, my guilty conscious won out, and I confessed. Everyone at the table spent the rest of the meal worrying about what I may or may not have done to my husband's academic future. Luckily, nothing was lost. Or at least nothing was lost that couldn't be found and fixed in short order.

In better news, Trevor's Thursday class ended this evening, and his other class finishes up on Tuesday. Which means that Trevor's self imposed academic hell is almost over. By this time next week the only thing standing between Trevor and his MBA will be his capstone class that he is taking this fall. Stay tuned for a gazillion photos of Trevor sporting a super sexy cap and gown around Christmas!

But the best news ever?! Trevor and I both have two weeks off starting after work next Friday. That means only one, short week stands in the way of two glorious weeks hiking with our awesome pawsome in the mountains of Colorado! I am already planning to have plenty of these moments:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Trevor!...that he will graduate...that he has worked hard for this academic achievement...and that Dealey didn't delete something on the computers!! Ha! Ha!
Love, GP

Heather said...

So intense. Ohmygod.

Deals On Wheels said...

My favorite:

"What does it mean?!"

RR said...

Yea, Trevor! Almost there!