Friday, April 06, 2012

On the Easter Bunny and stupid things that irritate me for absolutely no reason...

The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Banner’s daycare yesterday, except he didn’t venture into the infant rooms “because of what happened last year”. Instead he waved at the babies from the far side of the interior window.

Apparently, in 2011, the Easter Bunny came into the room, and the babies freaked out. It took over three hours to calm them back down again, and – as a result – the Easter Bunny no longer visits children under two.

I'm kind of okay with this, because adults in costume still freak me out and I am 31. I can only imagine how scary it must be for infants who can't even roll over to escape.

In other news, I’ve decided that birds that cross the street on foot really irritate me. There was one this morning that ran across the southbound lanes of Audelia, paused briefly on the grass median to wait for a lull in traffic before continuing across the northbound lanes to the other side. All this took at least ten times longer than if said bird had just flapped his wings and flew from one side of the road to the other.

Moron.

1 comment:

Halley said...

I thought I was the only adult that hates people in costumes...the reason I'm not a fan of Halloween. I start to have a panic attack! I know I'm lame!!!