Thursday, April 19, 2012

Working full time and motherhood is not conducive to blogging...

...which is my way of apologizing for being behind yet again. In my defense, my sister got married on the 14th, and my mother was hospitalized after emergency surgery on Holy Saturday after her intestines twisted and nearly perforated. Needless to say, it was an exciting week.  And it was promptly followed by starting back to work full time, which might have been the biggest tactical error on my part in recent memory.  I can't remember ever being this tired.

In other words, brace yourself for another list of happenings paired with some what random pictures of the B-Man.  It isn't perfect, but it will have to do:
  •   Banner can now roll over.  In both directions.


  • He is also growing like a weed. He is in six month clothes now. Anything smaller just doesn't fit, much to my dismay. I cried when I folded some of his outfits to put away in storage. I even tried to shove him back in some of them one last time, but Trevor pointed out that the sleeves weren't intended to be 3/4 length. And, well, his toes were curled in the footed onesies and the material wasn't supposed to pull that way in the neck and crotch. So, yeah, after a period of denial, we are officially in cloths meant for a baby twice his age. Sigh.


  • Banner LOVES his bumbo chair and his jumper. He no longer needs the pot to reach the floor. Just a little pillow.


  • He is quite the little grasper now. He enjoys grabbing whatever he can, and actively tries to play with his toys - especially the ones on the bouncer.  And if I hold him, I better have my hair up or OUCH!


  • The makeup lady for Amy's wedding told me she was putting my eyebrows on the way a drag queen taught her to do it.  Fabulous.


  • After Adam and Amy exchanged rings, Amy spent the entire time the congregation was praying for the newly married couple admiring her wedding ring on her finger.


  • Whoever said that breastfed babies have less stinky gas and diapers never met Banner. The best is when his teachers at daycare mention it in his daily report card. Maybe I should start sending him with a can of air freshener?


  • While my mom was in the hospital last week, Banner took the book he gave her, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? with him to school in honor of her.  His teacher read it to the entire class.

  • (Please excuse my baby talk on the video. It is disgusting, but can't be helped.
     It is an occupational hazard of motherhood.)

  • Banner made a video for Grammy Pammy on my iPhone to help her feel better. In it all he would do was smile and toot. My mom interpreted it as Banner trying to tell her how to get out of the hospital. All she had to do was pass gas!


  • I find the new Blogger format annoying. Why do people always insist on fixing things that aren't broken? Boo!


  • This week, with all the stress and whatnot, has really taken a toll on my milk supply. Not dry or anything, but it isn't like me to only produce what the little guy needs. It has been days since I had to freeze any!


  • Alley's cancer is in stage one, and Haskell's latest round of urine tests showed stabilization. Best news we could have hoped for.


  • I now have to start heading to bed at 9 PM to BE in bed by 11:30. Since Banner generally goes down around 8 PM, that leaves me about an hour to eat and "relax" before getting up to finish laundry, sterile bottles, pump for his 10 PM bottle, shower, etc. Did I mention I am tired?  Luckily, all my blood tests at my annual checkup came back great.  Well, except for my vitamin D.  Apparently, I am deficient.  Nurse told me to sit in the sun for 15 minutes a day.  Like I have time for that!  Sigh.  Maybe this weekend...

No comments: