Saturday, October 27, 2012

It probably had it coming after all these years, but still...

Photo credit HERE

On one hand, I am sure it was on her top ten list of "things to do before I die".  Yet, I am still finding it hard to deal with the fact that Alley killed a squirrel in the dog run this morning.  

And then tried to eat it.  Head first.  Like a snake consuming its prey.

I had Trevor bury it in the backyard instead.  So, you know, its little squirrel family could visit and say goodbye.

Alley is pissed.

2 comments:

betty said...

first time visiting/commenting on your blog (Your son is so cute; enjoy these days; they go by so fast)

LOL about the squirrel (I'm sure the squirrel was not amused) It probably thought this time it would get away.

Our corgi salutes Alley. He has tried to no avail to get anything wild, bird, lizard, possum, raccoon in our backyard and has come up empty paw time after time after time (mainly because we call him back or the other animal is way too quick)

may you have a good day tomorrow!

betty

Deals On Wheels said...

Tell your corgi to not lose hope! Alley has been at it for YEARS. I was worried she had perfected her method, but my husband reported that it was a particularly chubby squirrel. Too many pecans and figs, and not enough running, jumping and climbing trees. ;P

I'd like to think that this has satisfied her desire to chase every squirrel on the block, but *sigh* that does not appear to be the case. If anything, it seems to have strengthened her resolve. Of course, it probably didn’t help that the minute she achieved success in the death-to-squirrel department, I took her much sought after trophy away. I worry if she succeeds again, the partially eaten carcass will end up on my pillow. She has revenge in her eyes.