Monday, October 29, 2012

The little dude hangs out with my old man...

"One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather." 
~Joy Hargrove



I know the pictures are dark, but I absolutely love them.  I think Banner has my dad's eyes. 

It is rare moment because - let's face it - my baby looks like his daddy, but every now and again I see a little of my side of the family in Banner.  These moments are fleeting, but I am glad my genetics are being represented in there somewhere.

Like in this picture:


There is just something about it that reminds me of Moo.  Not sure what it is specifically about his expression, but it is definitely there.  Of course, my dad looks a lot like his mom, so maybe I am just seeing more of him?  Or maybe I am just desparate because I thought this whole breeding thing was supposed to be 50-50?

Of course, Trevor only sees himself in OUR son, and refuses to even consider that anything other than his genetics went into the creation of Banner.  In Trevor's world, I was only an incubator for his clone for nine months.  Which most of the time?  Fair enough.
 
As for me, though, I don't really see myself anywhere in the little guy.  I've been told that there is a resemblance. Something about the forehead and Banner's facial expressions (poor kid). 

Like maybe here?



Sigh.  It is probably just because our mouths are both open, but mom can dream.  And I guess Banner would prefer to look like his dad than his mom if given the choice.

Still...there is a little something "me" in there, right?

(And, wow, seeing that 30 year old TV makes me feel ancient.)

No comments: