Except, well, that is ALL I do: I freely admit that I post too many pictures. But that is where it ends, because I don't have any intentions to actually do anything about it. Because if I did, I'd have to post fewer pictures and...well, no. That just isn't possible. For me, photo overload is my way of savoring every moment. And I pretty much mean that literally. Because, well, you know: PROBLEM.
In an effort to distract from the following visual diarrhea of my baby in a costume in a pumpkin patch (because, O.M.G!), I would like to briefly list all the things I accomplished on my Monday off this week, lest I be referred to as a "Country Club Wife" again (TREVOR!):
- Caught up on thank you notes and bills
- Had our heater serviced for the winter
- Poop scooped and gave the dog run a thorough scrub down
- Ran dishwasher
- Did laundry (wash, dry, folded and put away)
- Washed three very dirty dogs, trimmed nails, etc.
- Watered plants in backyard
- Cut "Hot Lips" plant back before it took over flower bed
- Pumped standing water out of my currently broken fountain
- Tidied up house
- Cleaned out Banner's closet
- Reorganized Banner's too small clothes from the last (almost) ten months into air tight, space saver bags for long term storage
- Finally got my maternity and nursing clothes out of my closet and into attic
- Picked up Banner from school, fed him and checked on the level of his "supplies" at day care (diapers, wipes, extra outfits, formula, puffs, cereal, teething biscuits, level three purees, etc.)
- Talked to Banner's teachers about bringing in a daily snack from home to get him used to the idea of finger foods and chewing (banana slices, avocado, etc.). Was worried the snack had to come from the center, and was relieved to discover that the rules had changed to (at least initially) allow healthy snacks from home (as opposed to day care provided goldfish and applesauce). I want Banner to love fresh fruit and veggies!
- Went to Arboretum
- Took costumed pictures of Banner in a pumpkin patch
- Tried to see parts of the Chihuly exhibit that weren't up during the preview before closing
- Fed, bathed and put baby to sleep
Granted, I didn't get around to picking up my prescription, putting gas in my car, eating lunch, going to the gym, running any other necessary errands or getting my nails done (hey, my brother-in-law is getting married this Saturday!), but I would like it to be on record that I am not using my extra day off to sleep late and dilly dally free of responsibility, work and my baby.
(Not that Trevor has accused me of being a slacker, mind you. I'm just feeling overly sensetive about not keeping Banner at home with me all day so I can get things done that I'd otherwise ignore if my favorite little guy were around to cuddle with and otherwise distract me.)
(Part of me wants to do nothing all day but snuggle with Banner. It is kind of a problem. When he is home with me on the weekends, we sleep in, have breakfast in bed and don't get dressed until well after noon.)
And now with all that on record, on to my (many, many, many) photos (weeeeeeee!):
|Serious dragon face.|
|I tried to take one of his pumpkins away in this shot.|
|As you can see, it didn't go over well.|
|I wish I could have gotten the dragon teeth and flame to not stick up. |
It kind of looks like a tooth is growing out of the dragon's nostril.
And just in case you thought these pictures were all you were going to have to endure of Banner in a dragon costume, there is going to be more. There will be a surprise Halloween addition. With a THEME! So, brace yourselves. The best is (hopefully) yet to come!