Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap...

We spent Banner's first Thanksgiving lunch at Brook Hollow with Mimi, Bud, Harriet and Ann, and Banner FEASTED.  Seriously.  He ate so much that I was worried he might explode.  He was simply thrilled with all the things I let him try.

Except when he shoved a piece of black olive in his mouth with a piece of strawberry.  I think he thought, "I like olives.  I like strawberries.  You know what would really be good?  Olives and strawberries together".  Except, no.  That is not a good taste combination at all.  I would have explained this to him if I thought it would make a difference, but some lessons just have to learned the hard way.  And learn he did - right in front of my eyes.  And in my hand...which is where the olive/strawberry mixture ultimately ended up after being unceremoniously spat out.

In other news, Banner was within six feet of George W. Bush for the second time in his young life.  Which also happens to mark the second time in the last 10.5 months that I haven't noticed that I was in the same room with an former POTUS.  We always just happen to sit near or directly under the flat screen on the porch, and the former President (much like Trevor) enjoys keeping up with his football scores.

And, regardless of politics, being in the same room as a President (current or former) is just plain awesome.  Unless, like me, you are the most unobservant person on the planet.

But I digress...

Topping my Most Thankful List this year?  This little guy:


Showing off his bow tie.


Giving Uncle Bud the once over.

Post Thanksgiving lunch food coma.

Seriously.  He slept for two and a half hours.
It was a Thanksgiving miracle.

2 comments:

betty said...

he's so cute! How can they sleep like that in their car seats? If I slept like that, I would have the biggest cramp in major parts of my body. Sounds like a wonderful first Thanksgiving with your little one!

betty

Deals On Wheels said...

I know! It cracked us up! He is always contorted when he passes out in there. I don't know how he does it. It definitely does NOT look comfy! Haha!