Thursday, August 16, 2007

In response to Lia

Yes. I’m back.

I got back on Sunday afternoon, but haven’t posted anything for three reasons (or as Lia would put it: “excuses”):

1. Looking at my pictures makes me sad I’m back in Dallas and my two week vacation is over.

2. Going back to work after being gone for two weeks really sucks. I’m starting to wonder whether or not I’ll ever get caught up.

3. My bad karma has returned to taunt me. I’m starting to think it is somehow unique to Dallas. Since I’ve been back I’ve had (1) a prayer book open directly to page 666 during a funeral; (2) my refrigerator and freezer stop cooling and freezing (but not until after I went to the store to “restock”); and (3) an ingrown hair develop on my right big toe (gross AND painful. A double whammy).

Anyway, between feeling sorry for myself, working late, cleaning out the fridge and freezer AND trying to preplan outfits that don’t include shoes that hurt my big toe, there hasn’t been a lot of time to blog. Rest assured, though: I have a lot to say and many pictures to upload. I just need a couple of days to slow down, catch my breath and recover from the shock of the past four days.

In the meantime, if you haven’t seen it already, I’d like to recommend the movie STARDUST. Trevor, The Turd and I saw it on Sunday, and we were all pleasantly surprised. It is like THE PRINCESS BRIDE, only better (I know, I know. I didn’t think such a thing was possible either). I especially enjoyed Robert De Niro’s character and seeing Michelle Pfeiffer all old and decrepit (hee!). Anyway, it’s definitely worth the time and money to see it (especially if it is a hundred and fifty degrees outside like it is here in stupid Dallas).

Stay cool, my babies!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to you! (Like, twelve days ago...)

I hope you had a great day and a wonderful trip :)

Lia said...

Those were very good excuses, and you seem to have more than made up for your absence. Three new posts!

Anything that rates better than The Princess Bride would be wonderful, but then, I'm not sure that's possible. Will have to get back to you when I've seen it.