Sunday, April 06, 2008

Taking a CHANCE on Mark Chestnut...

I am not known for being the best salesperson. Especially when it comes to selling CHANCE TICKETS at a country-western gala benefiting a local nonprofit.

That said, I am VERY capable of BUYING said CHANCE TICKETS and putting other people's names in the bucket for the drawing. And by “other people” I REALLY mean “those who are unbelievably gifted at selling CHANCE TICKETS”. Quite frankly, if you are THAT good at selling CHANCE TICKETS, I believe you should have a “chance” to have Mark Chestnut serenade you. On stage. In front of 550 people. I’ll even pay for you to have “a chance” at that particular honor. It’s my small way of acknowledging the fact that you are 30 times better at selling CHANCE TICKETS than I am. And, you know, supporting a good cause at the same time.

Of course, how could I have known that you’d actually end up being serenaded by Mark Chestnut? On stage?! In front of 550 people?!! Talk about my luck!


This definitely goes into the category of:
Best Money I’ve EVER Spent

And to think it is all tax deductible, too!
Weeeeeeee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the government doesn't reimburse you for chance tickets purchased to humiliate your friends with a serenade.

P.S. Is it true that the camera phone puts 10 lbs on you?

Anonymous said...

That's great! Are you the one in the hat?

~Jef