Tuesday, September 02, 2008

When standing there is too much effort...

Paws off my ducky!
Haskell managed to “break” his tail again yesterday.

Please note that Swimmers Tail is usually brought about when a dog overexerts himself. The most excitement Haskell saw yesterday, however, was when I decided to give him a bath in the backyard. And he was tied up for most of that (Haskell is not a big fan of taking baths and can be surprisingly agile when he doesn’t want to be caught). After being thoroughly washed, conditioned, toweled-off and brushed, Haskell spent the rest of the afternoon lying on his day bed in the hallway listening to classical music.

In other words, I did all the work, but my lazy-a$$ dog is the one who needs a massage and anti-inflammatory medication.

And to make it all worse, the little bugger keeps staring at me and squeaking as if to say, “I know you did this to me! My tail hurts and it is all YOUR fault!”

I swear, that dog never ceases to amaze me.

5 comments:

RR said...

Oh, Haskell...life is so hard for him. :)

The Three of Us said...

Poor Haskell!!
Will you give him a little kiss from Addie.
How many time has he broken his tale?

This is my life so far said...

Haskall is always a hand full but makes for great stories on here. Hope that he and you are feeling better. Also, thanks for your msg on my blog. I have a new post so please read when you have a chance. Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

In all seriousness, I think it's time to crop the tail.

Knot

Deals On Wheels said...

But Hasky's tail is just SO cute! Little, white flag and all!