Monday, November 03, 2008

Support Hose Blues...

Just got the results of my latest ultrasound, and:

The Good News: The greater saphenous vein in my left leg that I had surgically closed back in January hasn't reopened.

The Bad News: All the valves in both my greater saphenous and lower saphenous veins in my right leg are incompetent. And the valves in my lower saphenous in my left leg have punted as well (because why wouldn’t they?!), along with the valves in a whole host of other veins in both my legs. The tiny traitors!

The doctor is worried about blood clots, and wants to get all these veins surgically closed as soon as possible. As a result, he has recommended three to four minor surgeries between now and Christmas (who has time for that?!). And the thought of sleeping in support hose for two or three months straight has me close to tears (yes, they really are THAT uncomfortable).

Seriously, I thought my warranty wasn’t up until I turned 30! Boo!

1 comment:

Denise said...

:( I'm so sorry!