Friday, November 14, 2008

Wake me when it is over...

“Is it weird in here, or is it just me?”
- Stephen Wright


Seriously. What a strange week. Yesterday alone I was propositioned twice by two homeless men on my way to a meeting. Then, on my way back to the museum, I had a third homeless guy tell me he’d be dreaming about me all night. Greaaaaaaat. Nothing makes you feel sexier than having random homeless men staring at your boobs while licking their lips, let me tell you.

On Monday I wore ruffles. Granted, they weren’t loud, over-the-top kind of ruffles. But ruffles they still were. In case you are wondering, I’m not really a ruffles kind of girl, so I was self conscious for most of the day.

Tuesday, my boss forwarded the main line to my phone without telling me. I couldn’t figure out why my phone was ringing so much until someone called later that afternoon to speak to my coworker, Nora, who normally answers that extension (note: Nora took Veteran’s Day off). As a result, I decided to work late in an effort to catch up on all the things I didn’t get done because of the incessant phone calls that day. However, when my boss discovered me still in my office after five, she told me that I needed to prioritize and spend less time talking on the phone and more time catching up on paperwork at my desk. I’m sorry…what?! If you wanted me to spend less time on the phone, why did you forward other extensions to me in the first place?! Or am I missing something here?

On Wednesday I got an email from Grammy Pammy asking Trevor and I to set up a lunch or dinner date with Trevor’s mom. A kind of meeting of the mothers to discuss wedding plans, if you will. Anyway, I forwarded the message to Trevor and asked him to call his mom to find out if/when she was available over the weekend. He wrote back and said he would. I, in turn, forwarded Trevor’s note back to my mother so she would know we were working on securing a date.

Not long after hitting SEND, I received a panicked email from my mother stating that she didn’t want us to invite Trevor’s mom. My mom wanted to do that personally once Trevor and I figured out what day Trevor’s mother was available. So, I had to call Trevor back (who luckily hadn’t made contact with his mother yet), and tell him to ask his mom when she was available but not to tell her why he was asking. Needless to say, the meeting of the mothers has still yet to be scheduled.

And finally: This morning I woke up to the sound of a leaf blower in my driveway. This noise was promptly followed by the sound of Haskell sprinting from his room into mine and leaping onto my bed. Apparently, he developed an irrational fear of leaf blowers overnight. Although, why he chose to jump into my bed is absolutely beyond me. He knows he’s not allowed! It took awhile to get him out, too, as he dove underneath the bed clothes, pinned himself as close to me as possible and dug in. Weird dog.

Is it the weekend, yet?!

2 comments:

Lia said...

I love these kinds of things, where two people are trying to meet, and the whole meeting is being arranged by someone who's not participating. Or in this case, two someone's, which adds a link to the chain, and therefore adds to the fun. Good luck setting that up!

Deals On Wheels said...

Lia: Haha! I know, right?! Fortunately, we did get it set up, and had dinner with the moms just last night. My mom brought a list and tried to delegate responsibilities out to everyone. I swear, I understand now why people elope!