Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why? Oh, why?

I just said "Yes, Ma'am" to my boss who is a man.

To be fair, I thought he was my coworker, Pam. Pam frequently says my name before she walks into my office, and I guess I was expecting her, not him.

Five minutes later, while talking to Pam on the phone, I rubbed my eye, looked at my finger and saw blood. Guess I must have scratched my eyelid or something without knowing it.

Or my boss cursed me with a subconjunctival hemorrhage as payback for my mistaking him for a woman a few minutes earlier.

Either way, I am thinking that it is going to be a long day.

2 comments:

Princess Ariel said...

Unless I'm misremembering, there might have been another valid excuse for your faux pas.
I said "No, sir," to a woman once, then quickly blamed it on too much Star Trek as everyone is referred to that way. Unfortunatley, this woman was more masculine than femanine in many physical attributes, so I don't know if she bought that.

Deals On Wheels said...

Haha!