Friday, February 12, 2010

The Storm of the Century (yes, really)...

Seriously. We got over a foot - 12.5 inches - in a mere 24 hours. This is Dallas, people. Not Syracuse. We don't get white stuff like this very often. In fact, it has been more than 100 years since the last time anything close to this has happened. It really was the storm of the century!

Here are some of my pictures (warning: there are a lot. When something only happens every 100 years, being camera happy is perfectly acceptable):

























I's is a snow model...




4 comments:

Lia said...

I can understand the lack of sleds and such, but where are the snowmen?

Denise said...

Wow, yeah - that looks like you're here! We're having the easiest winter this year, and all of these states that hardly get any snow at all are getting hammered with it. It's so odd!

This is my life so far said...

I love all your pictures!!! It was the most snow I have ever seen in Dallas before. It was a fun weekend and Ben and I drove around Saturday to see all the snowmen people made

Deals On Wheels said...

Lia: We started a snowman (sort of) but Haskell kept trying to eat it, so we stopped. There were lots of snowmen (and ladies) around the neighborhood, though. Rest assured!