Monday, June 28, 2010

Elsie...

On Saturday, I stopped by PetSmart on Greenville Avenue to buy a plastic air tight container for my extra birdseed. Paws In The City was doing an adoption drive, and the middle section of the store was lined with adoptable dogs and cats. Even though I am (most definitely) not in the market for a forth dog, I cannot resist the urge to take a gander at all the sweet faces looking for forever homes. But I stopped short when I saw this adorable lady:




Yes, that is Elsie. A five month ole pup that is the spitting image of our Alley Cat. Don't believe me? Judge for yourself:




The strangest thing is that Elsie's mom is a Husky mix with one blue eye. Granted, we don't know the breed of Elsie's dad, but it makes me stop and wonder what all might go into the making of an Alley Cat or Elsie. Other than irresistible cuteness (and a wee smidge of terrier)!

Since I have a giant soft spot for black dogs with white paws, I feel that it is my duty to help find Miss Elsie a home. Here is her description online at PetFinder.com:
Est DOB 2/22/10 Well they tell me my name is Elsie buuuuutttt I know I am not a cow! I am much much cuter! I am one of 7 in my litter and I think I am the smallest of the bunch; everyone has been adopted but me. I am a pretty spunky girl! I am working on housebreaking and I am crate trained. I even put myself to bed when I am tired-my foster parents don't see that often in a puppy! I am so sweet and love to cuddle when it is nap time. I ride in the car like a champ! My mom is a husky mix with one blue eye. I have a little more to learn about life-won't you join me? If you would like to meet me, please contact pawsinthecity.org for an application.

Elsie is up-to-date with routine shots.

C'mon! You know you want to! All the cool kids have big, black dogs (with white parts)! What are you waiting for? Join the club!

1 comment:

Denise said...

She's very cute! I hope she finds a home soon. :)