Monday, June 07, 2010

In with the new...

I bought a new pair of Birkenstocks. My first new pair since the spring of 2004.

My old pair haven't been doing very well lately. And by "lately" I mean "the past several years". I have literally worn them to death. I just love them so.

Last year, I went into a store with the intention of buying a new pair. The sales guy talked me out of it, though. He thought the two on my feet were awesome. Evidently, people strive to have their Birks look all broken in and decrepit. I was trendy and didn’t even know it (who knew?!).

But I can only superglue my shoes back together so many times. So, yesterday, I bit the bullet and bought new Birkies.

And, yes, the new pair is the exact same color that the old pair used to be. Apparently, my love turns shoes a mossy, green color. I have nothing to say about the khaki-now-black part.



No comments: