Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

While thunder and lightening in the mountains are glorious to behold while safely tucked in bed at night (last night's storm was really something!), it is the last thing you want to hear while hiking. Unlike yesterday, however, today's storms are threatening to keep us indoors all day (hence the second trip to the coffee shop with free internet access in as many days). Luckily, Trevor has his book and the Awesome Pawsome is exhausted from yesterday's hike to Spud Lake, so the unexpected day indoors isn't as bad as it could have been.

Still, I want to hike and be outdoors without the risk of being struck by lightening. Plus, I long to see the mountains. Something that proves difficult when the clouds keep insisting on masking them.












Keep your fingers crossed that this low pressure system moves out of Durango sooner than later!

1 comment:

The Runt said...

The weather was perfect for me and my Adam. I wish you would send the rain to my backyard here in Dallas. I'm watching shark week and applying for even more jobs before going to Florida. I'll try to bring you back a dolphin for your birthday.

http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html