Friday, August 13, 2010

Trolling for Mountain Lions with Grammy Pammy...


Trevor and I were supposed to climb the fourteener Mt. Sneffels today, but - unfortunately - my husband woke up with a pretty severe backache. Wanting to air on the side of caution, Trevor decided to spend our last full day in Colorado resting, relaxing and soaking up the view from the back porch of my mother's cabin.

Not wanting to waste my last opportunity to hike in the mountains of Colorado for a year, Grammy Pammy and I decided to make a return visit to Spud Lake. It was a pleasant mother/daughter hike, and we took the extra time this trip to leisurely walk around the perimeter of the lake and enjoy some cheese and crackers at the water's edge. Unlike the hike to Spud Lake the that Trevor and I had completed the week before, not a single cloud was in the sky. It was an absolutely picturesque last day in the mountains.







Snitchzel soaking up the sun...


No comments: