Sunday, August 01, 2010

Michael Franti...FINALLY!

Trevor and I had a completely unexpected, but absolutely glorious kind of day.

We woke up early because our canine children were too excited to let their human parents sleep in (this always happens when we take them anywhere even remotely exciting). The morning was rather routine: coffee, cereal, several dog walks out to the pond to look for ducks and making sugar water for the hummingbird feeder.

Trevor and I had already discussed going into town for lunch and shopping, but first I wanted to try to upload THIS picture to Facebook (something I have since learned is impossible from my rather low tech cell phone). But this morning I was committed to trying. At one point, I thought I had succeeded and asked Trevor to check my profile from his android. So, he logged into his account, checked his homepage and immediately started freaking out. He was so excited that he lacked the ability to find words to explain his sudden enthusiasm to me. He just started frantically pacing the living room exclaiming, "Oh! Wow! I can't believe...we've gotta'...this is amazing...where is...I need to call...right now!"

I later learned that one of his close friends, Kelly, had posted this status update: "To Telluride we go, but first Brett Dennen and Michael Franti in Durango"

That's right: Not only was one of Trevor's friends in southwest Colorado, but he was attending a concert of one of our favorite bands in right here in Durango!

Trevor and I attempted to see Michael Franti in concert last summer, but our concert date happened to coincide with Michael Franti's appendix rupturing. We still got to see the Counting Crows, though, so it wasn't a complete loss. But who could have imagined that I would get another opportunity almost exactly a year later in Durango?! In a word - awesome!

Kelly and his fiance, Evy, at the concert...


Heavy rain clouds threatened to turn the outdoor concert into a muddy mess, but - luckily - the most we got all afternoon was a brief sprinkle...


Waiting for the concert to begin.
Please note that Trevor has already turned mountain man.
I may start referring to him as "Red Beard".


Michael Franti!


This may go down in history as one of the most perfect days ever!
Talk about "Welcome to Colorado"!!

No comments: