Monday, June 11, 2012

Here's to the next ten years...

Our first picture together at the old Barley House.

Ten years ago today, Trevor and I went on our first date.  I was twenty one, had just graduated from college and was living at home before moving to DC in the fall for graduate school.  Trevor was twenty five, had just started working at GMAC and was the proud owner of a new Chevy Trailblazer.  He still claims that it was that it was the champagne colored SUV that swept me off my feet.

It was actually his hair.  

(Just kidding)

(Sort of)

I've always maintained that our real anniversary was June 9th, because that was the night I asked him out.  It was 4:30 in the morning, and we had been chatting all evening.  I was tired, and it was obvious that he was never going to get around to asking me so I saved him the trouble.  Never in a million years would I have imagined that we'd still be together a decade later - much less married with a kiddo.  Guess it was a good decision to give him my number all those years ago...even if he had completely nonsensical "man rules" about calling me within so many days.

Wow, we look so young.

We've had our ups and downs, but the last ten years have been some of the happiest of my life.  In a very real sense, we've grown up together.  Trevor can (generally) calm me down and keep me from flying off the deep end, and I like to think that I might be part of the reason why Trevor now shows his teeth when he smiles.

I love you baby!  Thank you for being my bestie. 

1 comment:

This is my life so far said...

Love this!!!!!! Can't believe it has been a decade. Here is to the next ten years :)