Thursday, June 28, 2012

Things they don't tell you in parenting school...

Banner is a hungry baby, and when he wants to be fed, he wants to be fed NOW.  So imagine what it would look like if I was going too slow, and Banner grabbed the spoon in an effort to speed things along.


Got that mental image?

Good.

Now picture what it would look like after I tried to regain some semblance of authority over the situation by prying the spoon out of my baby's surprisingly strong grasp. And, while I was distracted by regaining control over said eating utensil, Banner made a play for the bowl, grabbed a handful of oatmeal and shoved it in his face.

You, my friends, would be left with this:


MESS.


And because I am a complete idiot, I bathed the little monster BEFORE giving him cereal.  Which means he had oatmeal stuck in his peach fuzz for a full twenty four hours until his next bath.  Daycare must think I am the parent of the year.

Not pictured:  What my person, clothes and living room looked like after this experience.  I'll leave that up to your imagination.  I am going to cover my house and furniture in plastic.

2 comments:

Kidswatch Parental Control said...

The mess can compete with the level of happiness a parent feels when their child smiles at them.

Deals On Wheels said...

It is true!