Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Support Hose Blues...

A friend of mine who works at another museum in Dallas (I'll call her Val for the sake of this post) just sent me the following:

Don't let the support hose get ya down.

Stef and I are planning our blues music program and I was making up blues songs for her while ago. I’ll make one up for you:


Oh, I’ve got the support hose blues

And Alan just won’t go away.

Yes, I’ve got the support hose blues

And that Alan, he just won’t go away.

If I could find a way, you [this is drawn out, like “youuuuu”]

Know I’d put those hose on his head today.


It sounds better sung.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the veins of a 90 year old woman and the skin of a manatee...

Lia said...

Alan? Does Trevor know?

Deals On Wheels said...

Singular Girl: You're just jealous.

Lia: Alan is (unfortunately ) a coworker of mine. He has been more commonly referred to (by both RR and myself) as “the crackjass” or “the daddy”.

This is my life so far said...

This post is interesting, I bet it does sound better sung.

Anonymous said...

I love the song. It is both terrifying and perfectly appropriate. And knowing Val makes it even funnier. . .