Thursday, January 31, 2008

S.A.M.

Last night, while watching a credit card commercial with that Johnny Rivers’ song SECRET AGENT MAN playing in the background, Trevor confided in me that – until very recently (like sometime last week) – he thought the lyrics to the song’s chorus were SECRET ASIAN MAN. Until he figured out what the REAL lyrics were, the credit card commercial made no sense to him (because, really? What is a secret ASIAN man anyway? And WHY does he look like a Secret Agent? Oh, wait…).

See why I love him?

5 comments:

Lia said...

Secret Asian Agent Man. You have the makings of an action movie right there.

Phil, Hil, CJ, and pics. said...

That's how I always sing that song.

-phil

JLR said...

I have heard that a LOT of people sing it that way. I know I do. The first time I heard it, I thought, 'ok, I know the guy is singing "agent," but it sure as hell sounds like he saying "asian."' And so I sing it that way on purpose.

And that's a way better song. Secret Asian Man? That's awesome. I don't even know where to begin filling in the lyrics. I agree with lia--that is a movie in the making.

This is my life so far said...

That is really funny that he thought that. Thanks for sharing

Mommy's World said...

As you can see above, Phil sings the song that way too. But see he knows it is Secret Agent Man. He just chooses to sing it Secret Asian Man because he thinks it sounds that way and that it is funny. I'm a lucky lady. I've got myself a special fella. ;P