Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too much water, itchy legs and torn support hose...

I often refer to my dogs as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb A$$. “The Tweedles” for short. This is because it never ceases to amaze me how hilariously stupid they can be. Tweedle Dee (a.k.a. Gypsy Kitty) is currently afraid of the hallway between the two bedrooms. Why? No idea, but I think it may have something to do with the smoke detector that randomly chirps when I close the hall closet door.

Tweedle Dumb A$$ (a.k.a. Haskell) managed to fall over while peeing on a tree not too long ago. Yes, he is that kind of stupid. The best part was that he fell in slow motion – peeing the whole way down. I almost died laughing. If ONLY I could have had a video camera at that particular moment! It was amazing. Even better: Haskell actually barked at me for laughing at him.

So, yeah. Pub Quiz was kind of like that tonight. And by “that” I mean the “hilariously stupid” part - not because either of The Tweedles were present. It was incredible how bad we were! We almost made Haskell look like a genius. Mr. Pub Quiz thinks it is because we are out of practice.

For example:

  • We answered, “Rudy, The Celtics, 1729” for a football-related question regarding the player, team and year that a Superbowl MVP that was not a member of the winning team (sorry, Trev. Big Cowboys fans we are not).


  • When asked for John Wayne’s real name and birth place, Rachel responded with, “Some pu$$y, effeminate name somewhere in a square state” (instead of Marion Michael Morrison in Iowa).


  • And the Pilgrims? Yeah, apparently they had more than one boat, and “April Showers = May Flowers” does NOT qualify as the correct answer (The Speedwell does, however).


  • Even history questions were (tragically) a complete bust. After doing some sort of complicated mathematical equation, Melissa decided to go along with my thinking that Picasso died sometime in the year 1961 (try 1973).



In other words, The Sloshed Susies sucked. BIG time. I think I only contributed to correctly answering one question, and that was simply because I had done a blog entry recently about Chef Boyardee and (somehow) remembered reading that his real name was Hector. Who knew anything positive would ever come out of THAT STORY?!

Sigh. Maybe it is time to start studying?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she called John Wayne a pu$$y ... that's not right.
~Jef

Lia said...

When you said Pilgrims, I thought: Nina, Pinta, and the Saint Marie (Santa Maria doesn't rhyme with "sea") - 1492 they sailed the sea . . .
How embarrassing is that? And that was *with* "May Flowers" right there in the next sentence.