Friday, January 25, 2008

The Return of the Lampshade (or why my dogs are slowly bankrupting me one injury at a time)...

Poor Whippy Woo!


We don’t know who, what, where, when, why, or how, but last night at about 10:15, I discovered that little Gypsy Kitty had seriously injured herself. Again.

Actually, Haskell was the one who first noticed the (gaping) wound on her left shoulder. At first, I thought he was giving his sister "kisses", but after a couple of minutes of constant licking, I decided to take a closer look. That was when I noticed the deep hole in her hide. Not ten minutes later, Trevor and I were on our way to the emergency vet.

So, yeah: Six stitches, $500 and one new lampshade later, Gypsy is (back) on the road to recovery.





We still have no idea how she hurt herself. Nothing is new or out of place. She had just come in from the backyard, but neither Trevor nor myself could find anything out there that could have caused this kind of injury. And I feel really guilty because this is the second time in the last nine months that I’ve had to rush Gypsy to the doggie ER because of an unexplained puncture wound! My poor baby!

I'm drugged.


I hurt.


I hate lampshades.


This sucks.

7 comments:

This is my life so far said...

I am so sorry to hear about Gypse Kitty. That is so bizare how she was hurt. I am glad she is doing better now.

Anonymous said...

She looks so pathetic in the pics!
I have lampshade caused bruises on my legs now. Good thing I'm feeling sorry for her. . .

Denise said...

Aww, poor Gypsy Kitty. I hope she heals quickly.

And I know the feeling of going to the vet with unexplained wounds! What with Gracie and the broken leg. These animals are trying to break us, one injury at a time, you're right!

RR said...

Poor Whippy-woo! She looks so pitiful.

Lia said...

Ouch and yuck! But at least I finally figured out why people put lampshades on animals.

Anonymous said...

You're friend who does skeleton is hot. Care to hook a brother up?

Amstaff Mom said...

I think she was having sympathy pains for your leg. And the lampshade is sympathy for your support hose. What a sympathetic (and pathetic) dog. It's puppy love.