Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not going well...

Incase you were wondering about my next door neighbors, the Toolsons, here is an update. Brace yourself:

  • I came home to find Jet, now three, standing on the roof of the black jeep that has been rotting in the Toolson driveway for the past nine months. Jet, wearing swim goggles, brief underwear and a blue blanket tied around his neck like a cape, was preparing to launch himself of the top of the vehicle. He clearly expected to fly. No one was out there with him despite the fact that the three year was approximately six feet off the ground. Assuming this could only end badly with an emergency trip to the ER, I talked Jet off the roof of the Jeep and back onto solid ground. Jet’s mother appeared shortly thereafter. She claimed to have briefly lost track of Jet while changing Savannah’s diaper: “One second he was in the living room, and then he was gone”.


  • I’ve come home twice now to see the kids playing unsupervised in a blue wading pool in the driveway. The other day, Savannah was in there by herself – splashing away. Not only were there no adults around watching her, all the doors to the house were closed. I was about to knock on the door, when I heard yelling coming from inside the Toolson’s home. I have no proof, but I think Chase is using drugs again. The yelling seemed to be escalating, so I decided to watch Savannah play in the pool (under the guise of watering my plants incase Chase or Jane emerged from the house). I was out there for about 20 minutes before Jane finally came out to check on her daughter. Unbelievable. Don’t they know how quickly babies that age can drown in water?!


Sigh. Things seem to be heading downhill next door. Although, I think CPS is now involved. Thank goodness! Hopefully, they will be able to talk some sense into Chase and Jane before something happens to their babies!

No comments: