Tuesday, July 21, 2009

On idiot proofing...

I saw the following during a recent trip to Ikea:




Granted, I'm sure the need to label functioning toilets from floor displays increased tenfold after movies like JACKA$$ came out. I just find it humorous. Because, really, if you use a display toilet you are most likely a jacka$$. It has nothing to do with your level of intelligence. Only your level of maturity.

Unless, of course, you really are that stupid, and then…well, I’ve got nothing.


I know this probably an add for two pairs of shoes for $25. But couldn’t it just as easily be for an individual shoe that costs $25 ($50 for the pair)? Considering the disclaimer in the Ikea toilet, I feel that clarification is needed in all aspects of my life. Plus, I was always told never to assume anything – especially when it comes to the wild, wild world of retail.

But it is probably just me.

No comments: