Friday, July 03, 2009

On shoes for the bridesmaids...

Despite a genetic predisposition for the love of shoes, I find myself completely disinterested in them. I'd wear my Birkenstocks year-round if I could.

So you can imagine what it was like to take me shoe shopping. Avia and Mandy deserve some kind of medal, I swear. They both have the patience of saints.

Here are some shoe possibilities from DSW:










Even though the charcoal and ivory dresses are a satiny material, I see no reason to go all out and dye shoes to match. I'd much rather have the bridesmaids buy something comfortable that they'd want to wear again. A black, strappy sandal seems like an important staple in any wardrobe. And it is not like any of the shoes will be all that visible under the floor length skirts in the first place.

I'm sure this fashion faux pas will land me an eternity in shoe shopping hell. I apologize if this post is causing any dead, famous shoe designers to roll in their graves. I guess I’m a hopeless case. I would totally have the entire bridal party in flip flops if I thought I could get away with it!

No comments: