Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sunset...

One of the most beautiful sunsets during our stay in Wyoming happened on Saturday, August 3rd.  Banner was sick, so we turned in early.  I took a bath while watching the sun go down behind the Tetons (that tub seriously had the best view in the entire cabin), and listening to music from the wedding reception taking place at the golf course clubhouse just down the road. 
 
The wedding playlist included some of my all time favorite songs.  The bride and groom even had their first dance to the same Alison Krauss cover ballad that Trevor and I did at our reception (nearly) four years ago. 
 
(Not that Trevor could pick the song out of a lineup if his life depended on it.  We totally should have danced to Journey.  And I use the word "dance" loosely.)
 
After my bath, I alternated between watching a Face Off marathon with Trevor and sipping wine on the covered part of the deck just off the master bedroom.  Despite having a very sick baby in the house, it was one of the most relaxing evenings spent at the cabin.
 
Well, until the little guy woke up screaming a little while later.  But...you know.  It was nice while it lasted.
 




No comments: