Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mountain man no more...

So, Trevor went from this last Wednesday:

 
To this on Saturday afternoon:
 
 
And then I saw this on Facebook on Sunday, which totally made me giggle because omg, perfect timing:

 
As does Trevor's insistence that his lack of beard makes him "look years younger", and his nightly recap of all the women that have fawned over his hairless mug and stroked his clean shaven face in the last twenty-four hours. 
 
(Which?  Weird, right?)
 
I'm pretty sure he would have shaved months ago if he had known he'd get this much attention.
 
In fact, his only source of disappointment seems to stem from the fact that Banner was completely unfazed by the sudden lack of facial hair on "Dad-dee".  This is probably the fault of my genetics because the people in my family are nothing but unobservant.  Trevor once had his front tooth fixed, and I didn't notice...FOR DAYS.  He finally had to tell me, and I was all, "Oh, yeah! You did!" 
 
And then I felt bad for not cluing in sooner because it was sort of a big deal.
 
So, it should come as no surprise that my sister had to be prompted to notice the whole beard thing (or lack thereof) last night.  Nor is it shocking that she initially thought he was talking about a recent haircut (which, might I add, she still thought was "too poofy"), until Trevor exclaimed, "Not that kind of haircut, Amy!". 
 
(Related:  Trevor has a haircut scheduled for Saturday morning.)
 
To be completely honest, I'm not 100% sure I would have noticed if Trevor hadn't announced that he was going into the backyard to shave beforehand.  I mean, I'd like to think I would have, but I failed to notice six Buddhist monks in brightly colored orange robes at our regular sushi joint a couple of months ago.  They were apparently seated right in front of me.  Or were until Trevor asked me about them after they had left, and I was all, "Monks?  Where?" 
 
Seriously, being this kind of clueless is like a completely useless superpower.

No comments: