Monday, October 28, 2013

A boy and his dogs...

 
Banner loves his doggies, and has to chase/pet/hug/talk to them multiple times a day.  He insists on "helping" to feed them and finds it hysterical when they obey his commands to "sit" or "go outside".
 
He has also started to blame them for things.  Like this morning when I heard a crash while changing into my bathing suit for our 10:15 swim class.  I emerged from the back of the house to find a mess of toys that had been unceremoniously dumped on the floor from one of the storage bins in the office.  I said, "Uh-oh!  What happened here?"  To which Banner promptly replied "Aye-ee" (Alley) and pointed at Haskell lying on his dog bed in the corner.
 
Stinker.
 
But, mostly, Banner's relationship with the Awesome Pawsome is pretty sweet.  I'm not 100% sure he can tell them apart and I would bet money that he thinks there are more than three.  But when he insists on finding and hugging each one of his four legged siblings, my heart melts.  After all, it isn't every dog that is patient enough to put up with a toddler.  And, yet, we were somehow blessed with three (although, I'm pretty sure Haskell is just in it for all the extra food Banner drops on the floor). 

No comments: