Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Coffee for one...

Drink coffee with me?  Please?
No one drinks coffee in my office anymore. This is incredibly tragic. Not that I drink coffee every single day (like SOME), but coffee two or three times a week can be a wonderful treat for me – especially on a cold, winter morning like today.

Anyway, I’m being forced to make coffee for one, which isn’t very much fun. Although, I did go out and buy Dunkin’ Donuts French Vanilla Ground Coffee at the grocery store on Monday night, so (at least) I have that to look forward to. Just no one to enjoy it with. Not that drinking coffee is a social activity – because it really isn’t – but it has always been kind of fun to chit chat with my coworkers while we waited together for the coffee to finish brewing. Now it is just me. And I’m not that interesting or talkative. Especially in the morning. By myself.

Plus, thanks to not-so-distant issues like THIS, we have a lot new people in the office nowadays (seriously. More than half of the staff was replaced in little less than two months). Part of the reason I decided to buy the Dunkin’ Donuts coffee in the first place was so I could offer it to my new coworkers who just started. So, I make this big pot to share with everyone, only to find out that no one drinks coffee anymore. My peace offering was refused. I am sad. With more warm-brown-vanilla-yummyness-than-can-possibly-be-consumed-by-one-person-in-a-single-morning staring back at me from the office coffee pot.

Tres heartbreaking, no?

(Grumble, grumble.)

8 comments:

RR said...

That is so disappointing! No one will drink coffee with you? What is going on? No one there drinks coffee? That's just...it's wrong, that's what it is.

RR said...

And weird, too.

This is my life so far said...

That is sad that no one would drink coffee with you, but I do not drink coffee either. If I was there with you I would take a break and talk to you while you were making your coffee esp. if there was hot chocolate too

Anonymous said...

I don't like coffee ... (pause) or chocolate.

~Jef

JLR said...

oh, saaaaaaaad!!!!!

Mommy's World said...

I figured it was about time I commented on your blog. If I lived in Texas, I would drink coffee with you every day. And I don't even like coffee. That is how much I miss you and that just goes to show what a selfless friend I truly am. ;) Oh also I finally figured out how to link your blog to mine. Congrats, you are now my first and only link!!!

Lia said...

That is sad. There are whole groups that go out every morning and afternoon for coffee here. I guess it is a social activity. Or just work-dodging. Or it's just because we don't have a coffeemaker in the office.

I don't like coffee either, but I'd probably try the French Vanilla Roast - it sounds yummy!

Tim Rice said...

You do sound lonely. Coffee drinkers on a decline! What's happening to the world! :)