Monday, February 25, 2008

Really?! You've got to be kidding me...

At a regional history day competition on Saturday, several of the event volunteers (all of which were teachers or administrators for local ISDs) refused to help set up or break down for the event.

Why?

They claimed that they were still in their “childbearing years”, and heavy lifting might (somehow) compromise their “future fertility”.

And to think these same individuals are responsible for teaching Dallas’ youth.

Long, exasperated sigh…

My FAVORITE line came later on from one of the older administrators. She said, “Listen! I’ve been lifting heavy things all my life, and that NEVER stopped me from getting pregnant with my four boys. So, if you think heavy lifting is a form of birth control, you are sorely mistaken!”

Had the younger teacher not looked so upset, I totally would have laughed out loud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, not a fan of the lazy Millenial. You should have laughed out loud.

Child bearing years.... shees ... I think I would have quipped, "Ya, how are you so sure someone WANTS to procreate with you?!?!?!"

~Jef

Lia said...

I never heard that heavy lifting could be problematic for child-bearing. What a brilliant excuse.

Heather said...

I call shenanigans. Those women suck. You should have punched them in the ovaries.

Grammy Pammy said...

That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard...