Friday, February 08, 2008

For PETE'S SAKE, Woman!

I have a college friend of mine coming into town this weekend for a visit. This is all of the flight information she has provided me with:

Ok, here is the flight info.

My plane arrives in Dallas at 12:35 on Friday and
leaves on Monday at 6:55p. There were no other options
other than leaving on a really early flight Monday
morning. So I just decided that it was worth it to get
up at the crack of dawn on Friday. You'll probably
just be able to drop me off for a nap until you get
home. :)

Okay. So I’m supposed to be psychic, because – really - on what planet is that information useful? Whatever happened to flight numbers? Or, I dunno, the name of the airline she is using? Seriously. Throw me a freaking ball here!

Maybe I should elaborate on the situation a little more:

She is from the middle of nowhere Florida, so it is possible that she is flying into DFW from one of the following locations:

  • Jacksonville

  • Tallahassee

  • Atlanta

  • Orlando


Plus, I’m almost 100% sure her flight wasn’t direct, so that leaves - I dunno - a million possible airports she could have connected through.

AGGGHHHHHH!

I am going crazy. And did I mention that it is currently 12:55? That’s right. She should have landed 20 minutes ago. I’ve sent her approximately 500 text messages this morning, and have yet to hear anything back.

Plus, knowing the airline industry, her flight has probably been delayed.

All this leaves me – NOWHERE!

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

JLR said...

Wow, that's not at all helpful. Are you even sure that it's DFW that she's flying into?

Anonymous said...

Ya here's my advice. Let her land and WAIT for you and take it in that DFW is bigger than Manhattan and when she calls ask for Terminal and Gate.

Then tell her Barney and Andy will pick her up from the stairs off the plane when she gets back but it the big city of Raleigh we have T E R M I N A L S and G A T E S. And if she is college educated she should at least give you the airline.

~Jef

Amstaff Mom said...

yeah, I was wondering if she told you if it was Love Field or DFW too.

Last time I flew, the folks in line in front of me were checking in on their flight. Actually they were attempting to check-in on their flight. Until they found out that their flight was out of Love and not DFW.

Man, that would suck.

Tim Rice said...

Sounds like a challenge! Wish you best of luck. :)

If you would like to see some pictures from Chile, I and my wife just came back from a trip there. I have three blog posts up and more coming from that trip.

Lia said...

Wow! Since I'm late and it's now Monday, I'm going to assume that it's all over now, so I want to know what happened. Did you find her? Did she make her plane back? Did she actually board the right flight and make it to Dallas at all? Details, woman!