Tuesday, February 12, 2008

(Really) Dumb Dogs...

The Broken Tail Duo
This morning I returned from my oh-so early gym workout to discover that Haskell had broken his tail. Again.

Like before, his tail just hung there – seemingly paralyzed. He couldn’t move it to sit down (both my dogs have to “sit” and “wait” for their supper) or to…uh…relieve his bowls first thing after breakfast. It might have been comical if it wasn’t so pathetic.

So, before leaving for work, I gave Haskell one of his remaining pain pills from the last time he broke his tail and left him inside with STRICT instructions to rest in his box for the rest of the day. Yeah, like that’s going to happen…

Fast forward to lunchtime: I call Trevor to ask if he can think of anything we did yesterday that would cause Haskell’s tail to go limp today. And guess what? Alley’s tail is broken, too.

Dumb dogs.

We did go for a long walk around the lake yesterday afternoon, but it wasn’t strenuous. Just a regular dog walk. And Gypsy’s tail is fine. The only other "interesting" thing that happened was that Alley rolled in dead fish - thus guaranteeing baths for all three members of our dog pack once we got back home (you can’t bathe just one, you know). And baths aren’t strenuous, just cold, wet and soapy.

So, yeah: WTF?!

Any thoughts? Or are my dogs just “special”?

6 comments:

Denise said...

I don't know Deals! I'm still trying to figure out how my cat broke her leg - I have no idea how TWO dogs could break their tails!

Anonymous said...

Is it an option to crop their tales?

~Jef

Lia said...

"We don't say retarded, we say special."

Deals On Wheels said...

Denise: Sigh. Again: they must be trying to bankrupt us. On purpose.

Jef: Your profile picture is completely freaking me out. Just, you know, FYI (clowns, shiver)...

Lia: Yeah, my thoughts exactly!

This is my life so far said...

So I think your dogs are special and trying to bankrupt you one dog at a time. Riley has a broken tail from before we got her. Her tail now looks funny but she seems fine. My quesiton is this: What do dogs do to break their tails while in the house? Maybe you should invest in a video camera and put it on the dogs while you leave. Then you can see what they do as you leave. OF corse that would be funny if you actually did do that. LOL Just a funny thought for the day

P.S. The clown picture really freaks me out

The Three of Us said...

I think you should have thier tails docked. I mean if they can't seem to use them properly... That's what we did with Barclay's. I will post a picture of it on our blog for you to see. It actually looks quite nice.
I don't think your dogs are 'special'. I think it got hurt in the middle of the night... they were rough housing 'doggy style'!