Tuesday, June 23, 2009

They grow up so fast...

Today is Haskell’s 4th birthday (or 3rd anniversary of me finding him).

I had dinner plans tonight with family, but convinced my aunt to come over afterwards to sing to her “God Dog”. Bert was also lured over – but only because I had something she needs for a project at work. This sounds super, sneaky-secretive until I reveal that she’s collecting Victoria Secret and JCrew catalogs. Bert is a graphic designer, and her new job requires her to keep abreast of the latest advertising trends. No matter my address, I always receive a steady stream of both. I think both Vicky S and JCrew have me tagged with a GPS, I swear. But one person’s (recyclable) trash is another’s treasure. I’m just glad I could help out.

Anyway, neither Bert nor Mimi could stay longer than it took to sing Happy Birthday and watch the dogs eat their individual serving of Frosty Paw ice cream, so I decided to immortalize the moment on YouTube.

You’re thrilled, aren’t you? Glad to hear it…


Tragically, my movie editing software (Windows Movie Maker...I need a Mac, like, yesterday) is on the fritz, so all I have is the rough birthday footage. No cute music or director’s commentary for you. Sigh…I know you are disappointed.

Haskell doesn't care, though. He's just happy the "party" involved him getting an ice cream. And any extra birthday "cookies" Auntie Bertie snuck him when I wasn't looking.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Haskell!

Amstaff Mom said...

three years? really? it's been 3 years since you found Haskell? wow. time flies.

Deals On Wheels said...

Time flies when you are having fun!