Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling a little light headed...

It was long overdue.

Normally, I try to donate my hair every two years or so. The last time I did was just before Labor Day in 2006. I was ready to cut it all off again the fall of 2008, but it was right after the engagement and Trevor had a vision of a bride with long hair. So I waited. I thought about doing it after the honeymoon was over, but decided to postpone until this spring so I could reap the benefits of having short hair over the long, hot Texas summer.

Don't get me wrong. I love having long hair. But after months (and years) of it clogging up the hairbrush, shower drain and vacuum, it was time for a change. And after THIS INCIDENT I was more than ready.

There was a benefit to waiting, however. I was able to donate 17 inches, and my hair is still shoulder length. Last time, I cut off 15 inches and my hair was around my chin (shorter than I would have liked). Imagine if I hadn't cut off 5 inches right before the wedding! I easily could have contributed 20 inches, and still left the salon with hair more than long enough to fill a ponytail! Maybe I should always wait 3 1/2 years!

Many thanks to Avia for helping to document the process by taking the following pictures, and to my mom and Trevor for going along for emotional support:

Before:





During:





After:

2 comments:

Princess Ariel said...

Where are the pics of you in your new do? I didn't know you donated, that's great. I'm waiting a few more years to do the same. I just trimmed off 2 inches, not that anyone noticed, so it will be interesting to see how much I can chop off later.

JLR said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your new 'do!


Also, my word verification was "scones," and now I'm hungry.