Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Three Dog Night...

During the winter months, we moved our two big Tempur-Pedic Orvis dog beds into the study. It was cold outside, and our canine pack of three seemed to enjoy snuggling together on their oversized bolster beds.

Early on Trevor and I noticed that Gypsy Kitty - although perfectly content to snooze in the study with her siblings while Trevor and I were watching TV in the den - always relocated herself to the rug at the foot of our bed at night. So, I went and pulled her old PetSmart dog bed out of storage in the garage and set it up next to my side of the bed. This was an instant hit with Gypsy, and she has slept there every night since.

As the winter months came to an end, Alley Cat started to alternate between sleeping in the study with Haskell and sharing the PetSmart bed in the master bedroom with Gypsy. She’d start out in one and end up in the other by morning. I took the following picture on Saturday night of Gypsy and Alley snuggling together before bed:

Aren't they cute?!

And this is what I woke up to this morning:

Ridiculousness...

Why, with so many dog beds in the house, are all three of our 50+ pound dogs shoved into a bed meant for one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Pretty darn cute.

The Runt said...

It reminds me of the land before time when they all left Sarah to go snuggle with Littlefoot.