Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Reason No. 1 why my kid is going to need therapy...

Trevor has started talking to my stomach.

He has actually been trying to do this for weeks, but it creeps me out. So I told him he wasn't allowed to do it until I started showing. But now that he has decided that my recently developed baby beer gut qualifies as "showing", there is no stopping him.

Last night he spent ten minutes telling The Fetus about how excited he was that the NFL lockout was over, who got cut, who is a free agent, etc. And, of course, he had to start trying to brainwash The Fetus in utero by telling it how "great" the Cowboys are.

It was like Sports Center for the unborn. With a definite Dallas bias.

Lord, help me and my poor, innocent child.

6 comments:

Rachel B said...

Does that mean the rest of us can talk to your belly now? I'm sure I can come up with some helpful tips for the fetus. However, they will be more related to "where's the best place to eat tex-mex" than "the cowboys are better than any other team" That's right, the most important thing to teach the fetus in utero is were to score the best enchiladas. That kid's got to have priorities.

Deals On Wheels said...

Rachel: I'm liking your train of thought. As long, of course, as it doesn't involve onions. Because, ew.

P.S. Have you seen HP yet? Because I still need to...

Rachel B said...

Not yet I'm totally down with going - when are you free?

Also, did you ever figure out how to comment on my blog? I didn't realize it was that difficult. I'm going to try and simplify the process so you can post comments liberally. :)

Rachel B said...

P.S. I just checked out my blog again and there is a "Leave A Comment" button under the section that says "filed under" and "tagged" It's below the Twitter/Facebook sharing line. Just thought that might help! :)

Melissa said...

I don't know that I would put Trevor's sports obsession as the number 1 reason your kid might need therapy. . .

Also, does this mean that Trevor is rooting for a baby boy? Aunt Melissa has no preference, but my money is on boy.

PS I promise not to talk to your belly. I much prefer talking to you because you talk back. Also, I think it would hurt if you punched me.

Deals On Wheels said...

Melissa: Good move. I don't think Trevor's need to go all Sports Center on The Fetus has anything to do with gender. Girl or boy it must love sports. Or, at least, the Cowboys. My role will be to give it options. Like the Eagles. Or rugby.