Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banner's birthmark...


It is on the right side of his neck, and is more or less a collection of tiny, red dots.

The pediatrician said it will fade away slowly over the course of the next two or three years.

When I was little, I had a similar birthmark on the right side of my waist. The doctor told my mom that it would go away when I was three, but it stubbornly stayed put until I was seven or eight. My mother thought it was hysterical to tell five year old me that I must not be three yet because the birthmark was still visible. Drove me crazy.

Now my son has one.

Since Banner came out looking just like his daddy, I've decided to lay claim to anything that remotely suggests I had anything to do with him genetically. Not sure that birthmarks count, but I'm desperate.

No comments: