Sunday, May 25, 2008

About nothing really...

Fifteen Things I learned this weekend:

  1. The Red River is less like a river and more like a stream. It is red, though, so at least whoever named it was partially correct.


  2. There sure is a lot of red dirt in Oklahoma. This simple fact will fascinate Texans for hours. Entire conversations will be devoted to the subject.


  3. Trevor is fascinated with the SLOW button on revolving doors when entering/exiting a hotel.


  4. There aren’t a lot of eating establishments in Oklahoma, except Hooters.


  5. Hooters is a family friendly dining experience. Seriously. When we walked in, the waitresses were singing You Are My Sunshine to a bunch of eight year olds.


  6. Hooters is celebrating their silver anniversary. Who knew?! I got a moist towelette with the phrase, “If you can’t be kind be vague,” printed on the back. Never thought I’d get such practical advice from a restaurant famous for spicy chicken wings and scantily clad women.


  7. Strange women will walk up to Trevor and insist that he looks like a golfer.


  8. Pigs do fly in Oklahoma. At least in Hennessy during a tornado. Thank goodness no one was hurt (although I'm not so sure about the pigs).


  9. No one in Oklahoma City has any idea where Garfield County is…


  10. NO SMOKING is more like a suggestion – especially as it pertains to hotel rooms.


  11. Show Trevor a modern church, and he’ll tell you all about its potential as the set for the next Alamo movie.


  12. Weddings last 32 ½ minutes, and the preacher will tell everyone NOT to Google the word “Love”. Ever.


  13. Trevor’s favorite song is WHAT’S LEFT OF ME by Nick Lachey. At least while driving in Oklahoma (among other places).


  14. Very little of interest exists between Dallas and Oklahoma City. Except for the red mud, of course.


  15. The first thing you see when crossing over the Red River back into Texas is an adult video store. Second? The Texas Visitors Center. After that, you’ll see another adult video store. Eventually, you’ll hit Denton.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that video store. Not because I've been there but because it's the ONLY thing for miles around between Gainsville and Denton.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

Well at least I know I will have plenty of fun driving to visit Aaron. I like visitors center and adult video's tops my list of tourist sites.

Suz

This is my life so far said...

haha great recap of the weekend. I love the red dirt in okc I never knew there was so much either. See you soon.