Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just remember: Haskell survived on the street for months before I found him...

Upon returning home this evening, I was surprised to find only Gypsy Kitty waiting for me behind the pet gate (I keep my dogs in the guest bedroom during the day). I didn’t think too much about it, though, because Trevor was off today and had been by my house to let the dogs out earlier in the afternoon. He’s been known to “borrow” one or both of my dogs from time to time for doggie play dates. So, when I didn’t see Haskell, I just assumed Trevor had taken him back to his apartment to play with Alley Cat.

So, completely unconcerned, I let Gypsy out and took her into the kitchen to feed her dinner. No sooner did the kibble hit the bowl, however, did I hear a distant squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek coming from the guest bedroom.

Haskell?!

I quickly ran back to the guest room and turned back on the light...only to discover Haskell TRAPPED inside his box. The gate had closed three-fourths of the way, and my poor dog couldn’t figure out how to get out. Mind you: if Haskell had simply breathed on the gate or gently bumped it with his nose, it would have opened all the way. Instead, Haskell was held hostage by his three-walled wicker box.

The box in question...


God knows how long my poor dog had been stuck in there.

Sigh…Haskell definitely isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The good news: I have a new Haskell story.

The bad news: It has only been three weeks since he fell off the deck while scratching his ear.

Poor Haskell...

2 comments:

RR said...

Oh, Haskell. He's so special. (And always good for a laugh.)Oh, Haskell. He's so special. (And always good for a laugh.)

Anonymous said...

I think Haskell is really a blonde.

~Jef