Saturday, May 31, 2008

Return of the Boy Wonder...

Trevor broke my toilet this morning. Yes, again.

When the water didn’t go down, he walked away from the situation – apparently thinking that if he “let it sit awhile, it would loosen up and go away”. Surprisingly, this didn’t happen.

I have a you-broke-it-you-fix-it policy when it comes to the toilets in my house. So, when the toilet didn’t miraculously heal itself after a few minutes, I told Trevor he needed to go in there and deal with it. He promised he would…after yoga.

After yoga and a quick lunch, we returned home. Shockingly the toilet was still stopped up. I reminded Trevor about it, and he said he’d get to it in a few minutes.

Except he didn’t. He sat on the deck outside while I watered my plants. Then, my sister arrived and the three of us left to run a series of animal-related errands.

We returned home around four, and – despite yet another my-toilet-is-STILL-broken reminder – Trevor decided to take a nap on couch while watching baseball instead. We are supposed to go to a house warming party tonight, so Trevor left to take a shower around six. If you are still keeping tabs: The toilet?…Yep, broken.

Trevor returned to my house around seven. I was in the process of getting dressed, but mentioned that the toilet was still clogged. I got some sort of man-grunt in acknowledgment from the couch in the living room. I would later discover that he’d found a rugby game on TV.

Cut to twenty minutes ago, I’m putting on my shoes in preparation for leaving the house. As I walk past the bathroom, I notice that the toilet is STILL broken, and ask Trevor if he ever plans on fixing it (I thought this was fair seeing as though the damn thing had now been clogged for 10+ hours). With an eye roll and an exasperated sigh, Trevor stomps into the bathroom and FLUSHES THE TOILET. Mystified, The Boy Wonder proceeds to WATCH the water in the toilet rise and begin to spill over the top of the bowl onto the floor. At no point does he reach for the plunger. He just watches…stupefied. And then he gets mad at me when I hand him the mop, bleach and paper towels.

I mean, seriously.

Trevor fascinates me to no end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trevor ... dude get a plunger and fix it. And while you're clogging the American Standard, flush in the middle of your business.

~Jef