Monday, August 08, 2011

Spud Lake 2011...

Out of town visitors may also enjoy taking a nice hike while they are in town. I've blogged about Spud Lake on numerous occasions, but it is a seriously a great hike with a wonderful payoff that even the most out of shape lowlanders *should* be able to complete.

Plus, there is plenty of water along the trail for any canine companions, which saves you the hassle of having to pack it in for them. Definitely a perk if you have a dog like Haskell who needs to refuel often in order to maintain enough pee to claim the entire mountain has his own. And, yes, he has been known to mark humans if they stop moving long enough for Haskell to confuse them with a tree (sorry Mom!). Think of it this way: Hasky loves you SO much that he didn't want to lose you on the trail!

This is also a great hike for the knocked up who have an overprotect spouse that insists you wear a heart rate monitor during any potentially strenuous activity. My doctor doesn't want my heart rate to get above 130, which - if you ask me - is flipping ridiculous. I don't care if he went to "medical school". Getting my heart rate above 130 isn't going to harm the unborn. Although, to be fair, I have a feeling the heart rate restrictions may have something to do with my bad veins. Still, I'm pregnant, not disabled. Leave me alone! I've been living in this body for 31 years now. I think I know when I am over taxing myself (TREVOR!). Asking me to stop every 15 feet for a "check" is just plain annoying. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Anyhoo, photos from Spud Lake 2011:

Me and two of my college besties!


Did I say "besties"? Here they are mocking the pregnant lady on her birthday.


Trevy...


Sarah C...


Sunbathing...


Grammy Pammy...


Haskell contemplating peeing on Grammy Pammy...


Hasky staring at the other dogs across the lake...


Dragonflies...


Haskell and Peaches...


Sarah C...


Haskell considering becoming a beaver. It was hard to convince him that the beavers didn't have kibble or a dog bed hidden somewhere in there.

No comments: