Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apparently I drive a little less than 10,000 miles a year...


My car turned 70,000 miles today.

It rang in this milestone with a trip to the dealership because the "Check Engine Soon" light came on sometime on Monday, and it started making a weird noise. And wouldn't you know the blasted "Check Engine Soon" light went off on my way to the dealership? The noise also became suddenly silent, as if the car knew where it was going and why and wanted me to look like a crazy lady.

Seriously, I am lucky that way. The people at Sewell think I am a car hypercondriac.

Luckily, they were able to diagnose the cause of the engine light. The thermostat in the engine was broken so my car didn't know how hot it was getting. The noise, on the other hand, is still a mystery.

In other news, Trevor is finally dealing with the fact that his car is slowly falling apart after ten years and nearly 200,000 miles. And as much as we have enjoyed not having a car payment in YEARS, I think he is ready to go test driving this weekend. We are leaning towards the new Lexus hybrid. Tres exciting. The garage is already cleaned out in anticipation!

1 comment:

This is my life so far said...

cool! Looking forward to hearing all about this.