Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I am sure this is usually a tender moment for most mothers...

Thor was very active this morning, so I did something I've never done before: I raised my shirt and watched my stomach move.

And? Well, I now know where they got the inspiration for the movie ALIEN.

It was kind of creepy, and I kept thinking of an old X-Files episode where you could see this parasitic worm-like creature moving underneath its human host's skin.

Yes. That's right. I think "parasite" when I witness my unborn baby moving around in my belly.

It is very possible my maternal instinct wasn't installed properly at birth.

Which, of course, is why I keep Trevor around. He thought it was "cool".

God bless that boy and his situationally appropriate reactions to almost-fatherhood.

1 comment:

Formerly known only as Amstaff Mom said...

I don't get to visit your blog very often these days, but I remember the last time I visited I think I commented about this very thing. It is WEIRD isn't it. You get used to it after awhile. "there goes an elbow" "there goes a knee", etc. but still weird.