Tuesday, November 22, 2011

They weren't kidding when they said the end of this whole pregnancy thing is a little miserable...

Adding to the fact that I can't breathe, my back is killing me and my heart is still freaking out, Thor has now decided that I shouldn't be able to sleep soundly through the night, either.

Seriously. Pregnancy isn't for wimps.

I've seen 4 AM more times in the last week than I have since college. Except I remember those college nights being a lot of fun. 4 AM when you are essentially nine months pregnant is just plain uncomfortable.

Last night, it was all about Thor getting the hiccups. Apparently, the kiddo is NOT a big fan of the hiccups and had to make sure I was just miserable as he was. As if the rhythmic belly twitching wasn't enough, I also got to experience Thor's rage as he tried to fight off the hiccups by kicking the sh*t out of my ribs and basically throwing an intrauterine tantrum.

This epic battle went on for over TWO HOURS.

The inability to get comfortable has also caused me to start snoring. Something that Trevor just LOVES to point out every morning. Which is fascinating since I've been dealing with his snoring EVERY NIGHT for YEARS now.

Normally, I would be horrified if Trevor told me I had been snoring the night before. But, this time, I'm considering it a kind of poetic justice. Because I'm snoring because I am in the late stages of pregnancy. And Trevor? Yeah, he doesn't have an excuse. Somehow this makes the whole situation much more agreeable.

Muhahahahaha!

No comments: