Thursday, September 01, 2011

Good night, green tea. I will miss you!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday to check on Thor, and got an unexpected sonogram.

The most important thing is that everything is fine and Thor still has a penis. That is very critical information to me because we just registered for BLUE bedding over the weekend, and I needed confirmation that Thor was still Thor and not Thorette. I think I now have more pictures of Thor's junk than any thing else. All of the images have arrows pointing to that all important male appendage with "it's a boy" written in big white letters next to it. Next time I get to see Thor, I need to remind myself to get more pictures of his face. I'm starting to feel like some sort of creepy fetal pedophile or something.

In other news, the doctor measured my belly (by locating the top of my uterus, which is now way, way, WAY above my navel apparently) and the bottom. He measured the first time, shook his head and measured again. Then he muttered to himself, “That is going to be one big baby”. Not sure how I feel about that – especially since I am still barely showing at all (save all the fat rolls and the Dolly Parton boobs).

Thor DID look more cramped in there during the sonogram, which might explain why I am finally starting to show signs of distention. He has no where to go but out at this point. Thor was also sleeping, which gave the tech a rare opportunity to capture a his little profile. And, yes, I think there is already enough evidence to suggest that this kiddo will look just like his daddy. Poor Thor.

(I'm KIDDING, Trevor! You are very handsome.)

(I just hope he has my skin pigmentation.)

(But your fabulous hair. Oh, please, let him have YOUR hair!)

I also got confirmation that Trevor was completely freaking out for no good reason about my heart flutters.

Did I mention that I've been having heart flutters? No? Well, they are not that big of a deal, so no need to worry.

I've had them for years, but they were always infrequent. I never got around to telling a doctor about them, because six months might go by between episodes. Plus, my mom has them and her doctor isn't concerned. I just figured it was genetic and almost didn't give them a second thought until Trevor caught me googling "heart flutters" over the weekend.

To be fair, they've been happening more and more often. And by that I mean "all the time". Still, I wasn't worried until Trevor all but dragged me to the ER. Not because I was having said heart flutters, mind you. But because I am the vessel carrying his unborn child and nothing can happen to Trevor's own personal mini me.

Dear Thor, Daddy already loves you more than he loves mommy. Mommy is okay with it as long as daddy keeps cooking, and continues to let mommy go to the gym relatively unsupervised.

Anyway, Trevor made me PROMISE to tell the doctor about them at my appointment. I was worried the doctor would overreact like Trevor, but he just said it was due to my increased blood volume. Not that there isn't any cause for concern. It just isn't unheard of. And for the time being I am under strict orders to avoid any and all caffeine. I can't even have decaf apparently. Throw that in with the heart rate limitations and the potential need to wear maternity support hose in the near future and my life is pretty much over until Thor's big debut.

Note: The lack of caffeine may or may not explain my spontaneous drooling in the last thirty hours or so. Without my afternoon tea, it is hard to counteract the soporific effects of the office. Pregnant women should be allowed to take naps. Especially after eating lunch. Just saying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, when do I get to see pictures of Thor? GP

Deals On Wheels said...

Trevor took them to work today. I'm hoping he will scan them in and share them with me. I tried to do it yesterday, but the scanner at work wasn't giving me a clear picture.

Kelly said...

Unfortunatley excessive droul is another one of the wonderful symptoms of pregnancy that nobody every tells you about. Enjoy!!!

kelly said...

bad spelling...drool